Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity
The Nissan Rogue has a lot to offer, including an impressive interior and a long list of technology and safety features, but its incredible capability is one of its major advantages. Though luxurious amenities are desirable for any vehicle, an SUV needs to satisfy your utility needs as well.
Drivers in Randolph, Brockton, and Stoughton can find out more about the Nissan Rogue towing capacity with our comprehensive towing review. If you’d like to get behind the wheel of this stunning SUV, reach out to the Nissan 24 team!
How Much Can the Nissan Rogue Tow?
When properly equipped, the Nissan Rogue can tow up to 1,102 pounds, which is plenty of power for your small boat, camper, or trailer filled with gear.1 You’ll be confident towing over long distances, knowing the Rogue is more than capable of pulling this weight and never laboring under the demands.
The Rogue uses a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that produces 170 horsepower and is equipped with a continuously variable transmission. It comes in front-wheel drive, though all-wheel drive is optional. This engine is quick and powerful, providing the performance you need for driving around town or recreational towing.
Towing Safety Features
Whether you’re cruising down the open highway or towing a camper on a dirt road, you’ll want an SUV that is always on the lookout for you. Luckily, the Nissan Rogue comes equipped with an array of cutting-edge safety systems to make towing heavy loads and everyday driving as safe as possible. They include:
- Vehicle Dynamic Control: By monitoring the steering and braking of the Rogue, this feature will apply brake pressure to specific wheels and reduce the engine output if needed.
- Blind Spot Warning: Acting as an extra pair of eyes, this system alerts you to any detected vehicles in your blind-spot area, ensuring you can safely switch lanes.
- Intelligent Around View® Monitor: With four cameras, this helpful feature gives you a virtual composite 360o bird’s-eye view of your vehicle, so you can easily maneuver the Rogue and a hooked-up trailer with ease.
- ProPILOT Assist: By maintaining a preset distance with the vehicle ahead of you, this feature will follow the car ahead of you and adjust to the flow of traffic.
Though these safety systems are helpful in normal driving situations, they also make towing much safer and help you feel more confident as you’re driving; give you extra time to brake, pass, and merge; and provide you with more visibility of your vehicle and attached trailer.
Nissan Rogue Towing Features
When it comes to towing, you want a reliable SUV that can give you the power you need when you require it. With the Nissan Rogue, its advanced Xtronic CVT® (continuously variable transmission) certainly helps achieve this. This transmission can hold the engine at the ideal speed for the job you need to complete, rewarding you with a wave of power to ensure you can get your work done.
One of the crowning achievements of this Nissan SUV is how capable and handy its available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system is. By responding and adapting to changing road conditions, the Rogue can traverse snow-covered backroads or slick streets while remaining steady and stable.
Other helpful towing features include:
- Hill Start Assist: As you’re crawling up a steep hill, this feature helps you stop from rolling backwards by holding the brake pressure for a few seconds while you’re switching from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
- Intelligent Trace Control: This helpful system keeps an eye on the driving conditions to help you take on those tight turns. If needed, it’ll brake each will individually to assist you as you’re driving around sharp corners.
- Active Ride Control: To give you a smooth driving experience, this feature will automatically apply the brakes and adjust the engine torque.
Experience the Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity
From the outstanding towing capacity and impressive power to the state-of-the-art safety features, the Nissan Rogue can satisfy all your recreational needs.
Drivers in Stoughton, Brockton, and Randolph should stop by Nissan 24 to find out more about the Nissan Rogue towing capacity and features. Call or visit us at the dealership today to schedule your test drive!
1 Towing capability varies by trim level and configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information.