Your Nissan Murano comes with a variety of dashboard lights that can sometimes be a little tricky to understand. For residents of the Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton areas, however, there’s help available. The professional team at Nissan 24 has compiled the following 2016 Nissan Murano dashboard light guide to help you decipher warning lights and indicators the next time you’re out on the road.
The following are the most common lights you can expect to see in your Nissan Murano. You’ll notice that they tend to be fairly intuitive.
Warning Lights to Watch For
Anytime you see a warning light on your Nissan Murano dashboard, you should investigate the source immediately and take precautions as necessary.
- Anti-Lock Braking System Warning Light (the letters ABS): A potential problem with your anti-lock braking system could lead to a major malfunction down the road. You should get this checked soon.
- Brake Warning Light (the word BRAKE or an exclamation point inside a circle): Either your vehicle’s brake fluid level is low or the parking brake is physically engaged. You should check both to be sure.
- Charge Warning Light (red battery-shaped symbol): Typically related to a problem with the alternator belt or car battery, this light refers to a malfunction somewhere in your electrical charging system that needs to be corrected.
- Door Open Warning Light (overhead view of a car with side door halfway open): If one of the car doors isn’t shut properly, you’ll see this warning light.
- Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light (a leaking gas can): If you see this light while driving, pull over where most convenient and cut the engine. Major damage can result from low engine oil pressure, so you may want to call a towing company.
- Low Fuel Warning Light (a gas station service pump): When your fuel tank is on its last legs, you’ll see this sign. You need to visit a gas station as soon as possible.
- Low Tire Pressure Warning Light (an exclamation point in parentheses): You’ll probably experience a flat tire soon due to low pressure. Correct this issue right away.
Indicators to Keep in Mind
Indicators include turn signals, hazard lights, fog lights, and cruise control. These lights tend to be obvious, but there are two of which you should be aware.
- Malfunction Indicator Light (engine-shaped symbol): Something might be wrong with the vehicle’s emissions control system. Either that or the fuel cap isn’t attached properly.
- Slip Indicator Light (car symbol with wavy tread marks): Be careful while driving if you see this indicator. Road conditions aren’t ideal at this time, so you should be extra cautious.
Learn More About the 2016 Nissan Murano at Nissan 24
Hopefully, this 2016 Nissan Murano dashboard light guide can open your eyes to a few lights you might otherwise not pay much attention to. For other questions regarding the Nissan Murano, Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton residents should feel free to get in touch with a representative at Nissan 24 to learn more.