If you’ve settled on the 2017 Nissan Altima as your next vehicle, then we here at Nissan 24 are certain that you won’t disappointed. This sedan has plenty of interior comfort, high safety, and great fuel efficiency. Before Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton drivers can take their Altima home, they need to select a trim level.
With seven Nissan Altima trims to choose from, this may be a little difficult. So, we’ve put together this simple guide to help.
Nissan Altima 2.5
The base Nissan Altima trim is the 2.5 Granted, but “basic” is by no means how we would describe this vehicle. It’s packed with many brilliant features, which carries over to the remaining trim levels. Let’s break them down now.
The Altima 2.5 comes equipped with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine, capable of generating up to 179 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. That’s a fair amount of power! Plus, thanks to the Xtronic® continuously variable transmission and a host of engine enhancements, the 2.5 still maintains 39 MPG highway and 27 MPG city.1
The Altima is known for being one of the safest sedans on the market—a reputation that holds true across all Nissan Altima trim levels.
With its highly durable Zone body, reinforced with features like pipe-style steel side-door guard beams and hood-buckling creases, as well as tech features like vehicle dynamics and traction control, this car is able to nab a couple sought-after safety awards.
Not only has the Nissan Altima earned a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, but it’s also been named a TOP SAFETY PICK+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The Nissan Altima is a spacious vehicle, with 101.9 cubic feet of passenger room and 15.4 cubic feet of cargo space. However, the 2.5 also adds plenty of amenities, such as remote keyless entry and the push-button ignition.
When you settle into your cloth-trimmed, six-way manually adjustable seat, you can connect your mobile device using either the USB port and auxiliary jack. You’ll even have Bluetooth® for hands-free calls.
What Comes Next in Nissan Altima Trim
The rest of the Nissan Altima trims build upon the groundwork laid out by the Altima 2.5. Some features and specs will remain the same, but for the most part, you’re going to find a ton of upgrades. Here are some of our favorites.
The 2.5 S Adds
- Smart auto headlights
- Six speakers
- Hands-free text messaging
- Rearview monitor
- Five-inch touchscreen
The 2.5 SR Adds
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with two-way power lumbar support
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Sport interior accents
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Paddle shifters and manual shift mode
The 2.5 SV Adds
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Remote engine start
- Blind spot warning and rear cross traffic alert
- SiriusXM® satellite radio
The 2.5 SL Adds
- Bose® premium audio system with nine speakers
- Heated front seats
- Leather seating
- Auto-dimming rearview with digital compass
- Heated steering wheel and outside mirrors
The 3.5 SR Adds
All 2.5 SR equipment comes standard
- 3.5L V6 engine capable of generating 270 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque
- LED headlights with integrated signature
The 3.5 SL Adds
All 2.5 SL equipment comes standard
- 3.5 V6 engine capable of generating 270 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque
- LED headlights with integrated signature
- NissanConnectSM with navigation and mobile apps
- Seven-inch color touchscreen
- Power sliding moonroof with tilt
- Front and rear sonar system
Learn More About the Nissan Altima Trim Levels
The Altima has plenty of excellent features and specs to offer Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton drivers, no matter which one you choose. However, if you’d like extra help selecting the right Nissan Altima trim for your lifestyle, just ask the team at Nissan 24. Contact us today for more information.
1 Fuel economy based on targeted 2017 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2017 Altima® – Targeted 2017 fuel economy estimates:
• 27 city MPG / 39 hwy MPG / 31 combined MPG for 2017 Altima 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 SV, 2.5 SL trims
• 26 city MPG / 37 hwy MPG / 30 combined MPG for 2017 Altima 2.5 SR trim (including Midnight Edition)
• 22 city MPG / 32 hwy MPG / 26 combined MPG for 2017 Altima 3.5 SR & 3.5 SL trims based on Nissan internal testing results, subject to EPA confirmation.
Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions – use for comparison only.