Can’t keep Nissan’s famed trio of travelers straight or find yourself chanting, “Maxima, Altima, Sentra, oh my”? If you’re a Brockton, Randolph, or Stoughton area driver caught up in the similarities between Nissan’s big three, the Nissan 24 guide to the differences between the Maxima, Altima, and Sentra is here to set the record straight. It may even help you decipher which of these Nissan brand beauties is right for you and your budget.
The biggest distinction that many people notice with the Maxima, Altima, and Sentra is their differences in size. Ranging from a large luxury sedan (Maxima) down to an affordable compact wonder (Sentra), these three are attractive picks for a variety of buyers looking for comfort, style, and efficiency. Here’s a bit about the key features associate with the most current models.
Choose Maxima for Maximum Style, Sport, and Size
The Nissan Maxima, now in its eight generation, is Nissan’s fighter jet–inspired model that marries an athletic ride with larger vehicle size. Compared to other large sedans, the Maxima is slightly smaller in measurements but also delivers a more spry drive feel because of it. The Maxima seats five and has 14.3 cubic feet of trunk space available.
• What it’s known for: Sporty driving, luxury-level interior with zero-gravity seats, and abundant, advanced features for the money. When you think of Maxima you can think sleek, stylish, max for its large size, and max for its maximum value.
• Base power: Strong V6 engine
• Basic features on board: Dual-zone auto climate control, rearview camera, eight-speaker audio system, satellite radio, HD radio, navigation, voice command, 8-inch touchscreen with NissanConnect infotainment
Pick Altima for Award-Winning Mileage and Swift Handling
The Nissan Altima is a midsize sedan that champions its segment with high fuel economy marks and a fresh interior. A five seater with well-styled digs, the Altima also brings in zero-gravity seats that offer premium-level support.
• What it’s known for: outstanding mileage, zippy performance, high reliability scores—the Altima is a top pick for commuters.
• Base power: Highly capable four-cylinder engine
• Basic features on board: Four-speaker audio, push-button ignition, Bluetooth connectivity, Easy Fill Tire Alert
Choose Sentra for High-Comfort Space in a Compact Car
The Nissan Sentra stacks desirable efficiency numbers and relaxing room that rivals midsize into a small sedan. The Sentra delivers incredible value and style for a compact car with eye-catching exterior and interior touches that are great details for a tiny price tag. The Sentra seats five and offers 15.1 cubic feet of trunk space.
• What it’s known for: Respectable fuel efficiency, smart use of space; built for the value-conscious, commute-savvy buyer
• Base power: 130-horsepower four-cylinder engine
• Basic features on board: Four-speaker sound system, Bluetooth connection, USB port
The Choice Is Yours at Nissan 24
We hope that our local Brockton, Randolph, and Stoughton area drivers have a better idea of the differences between these three Nissan all-stars after browsing our guide.
Interested in learning more about one or more of these models? Nissan 24’s inventory is stocked with an array of 2016 Maximas, 2015 Altimas, and 2015 Sentras. Schedule a test drive in one of these distinctive rides today!